Parks and Recreational Opportunities in
Western Washington County, Oregon
For information about bus schedules in the area, visit the Tri-Met Web site or obtain the schedule for bus route 57, which starts in downtown Forest Grove. Or call Tri-Met at 238-RIDE (238-7433).
- Scoggins Valley Park/Henry Hagg Lake: Located 7 miles southwest of Forest Grove off state Highway 47, Hagg Lake offers boating, fishing, swiming, hiking, picnicking and bicycling during the summer season. For more information, call 359-5732.
- Banks-Vernonia Linear Park: Constructed on an old railroad bed, this park offers bicycling, hiking and picnicking opportunities. Call 324-0606 for information.
- Forest Grove Educational Arboretum: Located on the grounds of the Oregon Department of Forestry in Forest Grove, the Arboretum offers a wide selection of native trees and other plants in a natural setting with a stream and small wetland.
- Fernhill Wetlands: Located outside Forest Grove just north of the Tualatin River, this large wetland offers critical habitat for waterfowl and other wildlife. Restoration of the wetland is a co-operative project under the auspices of the Fernhill Wetlands Management Council. Call 357-3162 for information about trails and access points.
- Tillamook Forest: This vast area of the Oregon Coast Range offers hiking, fishing, hunting and other recreational opportunities. Hikers seeking a challenge may want to try the King Mountain or Elk Mountain trails off Highway 6 in the heart of the Tillamook Forest. For information about the Tillamook Forest, call the Oregon Department of Forestry Headquarters in Forest Grove at 357-2191.
- Bicycle Routes: Bicycling is very popular in Western Washington County. For information, call the Washington County Visitor's Association at 644-5555.
Contact Washington County for additional information.
Return to Navigator Up
Send comments or questions to the . Remove ".NOSPAM" from the email address before sending your mail.