A city of 20,000 located 24 miles west of Portland, Oregon, a vibrant metropolitan area with a population of 2 million. Surrounded by the rich and productive farmlands of the Tualatin Valley, Forest Grove offers urban amenities in a striking rural setting.
Site Map and Useful Links
- Forest Grove's History, Geography and Climate
- A clickable topographic map (128 K) of Forest Grove and vicinity, with links to other maps of local and regional interest.
- Local, regional and statewide data from the 2000 Census.
- Recreational opportunities in Forest Grove's parks, the surrounding areas of Western Washington County and nearby Hagg Lake.
- The Forest Grove Chamber of Commerce: a resource for about the area.
- The News-Times, a weekly newspaper serving Forest Grove, Cornelius and western Washington County.
- City Government
- Forest Grove School District
- Pacific University
- Theatre in the Grove
- Westside Players
- Tuality Forest Grove Hospital
- Visitation School: A catholic K-8 school in Verboort.
- Advanced Rutabaga Studies Institute [Is Forest Grove really the rutabaga capital of the world?]
- Runes, a political blog.
- Disambiguation, a political blog.
- CascadeLink offers a treasure trove of links to public and private organizations in northwest Oregon.
- The Oregon Blue Book is the state's official directory and manual.
- Tri-Met offers bus and light-rail schedules for Western Washington County, including bus route 57, serving downtown Forest Grove. Or call Tri-Met at 238-RIDE (238-7433).
Current conditions at Johnbo's weather station
near Forest Grove and Cornelius.
Subscribe to GroveNet, a free community email network serving Western Washington County.
Since 1995, this site has been provided as a community service by GroveNet volunteers
and EasyStreet Online Services.
You are visitor number since January 20, 2001.