Access WILI's computerized catalog from your home or office computer.
WHAT IS WILI?
WILI is a computerized card catalog listing more thatn 350,000 titles (900,000 items) available at public libraries in Washington County, the Tuality Health Information Resouce Center and the Oregon College of Art & Craft. You can now access WILI's computerized catalog from the convenience of your personal computer and modem to:
WILI is available seven days a week, usually 24 hours per day. WILI is unavailable on Saturday evenings between 6 p.m. and midnight for regular maintenance, and may be off-line at other times for software upgrades, maintenance or repair.
- Search the computerized catalog by title, author or subject.
- Place a reserve on the item(s) you want. WILI will notify you by mail or phone when your reserves are available for pickup, or request to have them mailed to you for a $1.50 per item shipping fee.
- Review your library card status.
- Search the Community Resource Directory for information on human services available in the community.
- View a list of Bestsellers, and other bibliographies.
- Use an electronic dictionary.
- Search databases of health, business and general magazines, including many articles in full-text.
Listings of library hours and WILI availability are included in the WILI online Bulletin Board, along with any special messages of importance to users. If possible, planned WILI downtimes will be posted in advance.
SEARCHING THE CATALOG
Select the type of search from the menu by typing it's line number, then press [Enter].
- To search by EXACT title, choose #1, then type the first words of the title. (ex: Gone With the Wind)
- To search by KEY WORDS in title choose #2. (ex: Guide Roses)
- To search by AUTHOR or NAME, choose #3. (ex: Hillerman, Tony)
- To search by KEY WORDS in a subject chose #5. (ex: Hawaii travel), etc.
- Once you have displayed a single record, press C to see which libraries own items and whether those items are available or in use.
- Remember: When you are connected to WILI, your home or office computer will behave like the WILI terminals at your local library.
PLACING ITEMS ON HOLD
You may RESERVE an item to be held for you to pick up by typing R when it is included in the commands at the bottom of the screen. You then need to type the barcode number from your library card and follow the instructions on the bottom of the screen. You will be notified by phone or mail when the item or items can be picked up at your local library. If you prefer to pay a $1.50 per item shipping fee to have items mailed to you, select that option from the Notification Option window. (Pre-registered Homebound users may select Outreach as the pick-up library and items will be mailed without charge.)
TIPS & SHORTCUTS
- Check your PC telecommunications software to be sure a compatible terminal emulation is enabled before you dial into WILI. VT-100 emulation is required for proper display of the Magazine Article Searches.
- If your modem connects, and then quickly disconnects from WILI, you may need to change the error correction in your modem/software. To do this, change the settings of your modem initialization string to contain the code AT\N2 or AT\N0 (zero, not the letter "O"). Consult your software and modem manuals for specific instructions.
- Watch the "command line" at the bottom of the various screens for options. To select an option, you only need to type the capitalized letter(s) of the option followed by [Enter].
- WILI screens indicate pressing a [Return] key. On most PC keyboards the [Enter] key functions the same as a [Return] key.
- Use Keyword searches when you are unsure of the exact ttile or subject terms. A question mark (?) can be used to truncate words.
- Choose menu item "Your own holds/patron record" to check on reserves you have placed and items you currently have checked out. Reserves waiting to be picked up will be listed under "Blocks", as well as overdue books or fines owed.
- If you need help, type ? and press [Enter].
MAKING THE WILI CONNECTION
Access to WILI is free of on-line charges. However, normal telephone charges may be applicable if you are calling outside your service area or if the call is long distance, just as if you were using a telephone. To access WILI follow the steps below:
- Consult your computer, modem and software manuals for any installation or operating instructions.
- Set your modem parameters to:
- Baud Rate: 2400, 9600, 14.4, 28.8
- Data Bits: 8
- Stop Bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Duplex: Full
Adds Viewpoint (or others that you may select from the emulation list online)
- Dial 649-3055
- When WILI answers press [Enter] until you see the message: Login: Type in lowercase wili then press the [Enter] key. If you are asked for a password, press [Enter] again to get another login & start over.
- WILI will ask you to choose a terminal emulation and test your choice.
- The WILI Bulletin Board will then display. Enter Q to exit the Bulletin Board after you have finished reading the messages.
- At the Welcome screen press the [Enter] key and the main WILI menu will appear.
- See Searching Tips
- To leave WILI:
Return to Menu
- At the main menu, choose "logoff" and press [Enter]. After confirmation that your session has closed, you may hang up your modem.
Return to Navigator Up
Send comments or questions to the .